Monday, February 6, 2012

Passive Aggressive

Just like passive voice has not room in a scholarly paper, passive aggressiveness has no room in my life.  I really dislike passive aggressiveness. I think the best way to address a problem or situation is the direct approach. When direct approach is not possible because emotions may be running high, then you either cool down or use an intermediate. For the past two weeks my landlady has been moving all my books from the dining room table onto a corner of the piano next to the door that leads to my bedroom. I do not leave my books spread out on the table, they actually were left on the corner of the table when I was switching out books for the day.

She does the same with my clean dishes. She has moved all my things in the kitchen to one area of the kitchen. If it bothers her that my things are there, why can't she just say so? The room I live in, its too small for me. Really, I knew it the moment I moved in. It was then when we agreed I could have more room in the kitchen and the hallway to store my belongings. I am not a disorganized person, I actually make an effort to keep my things in order to not be in anyone's way. But right now I am feeling tired of the subtle hints. Really if its not because I plan to head to California for the summer, I would likely move out right now.

Of course this makes me wonder whether the problem is really me. I don't really enjoy living with others. But my situation right now doesn't quite allow me to spend more on rent, with an expensive car payment and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment